Things to Consider When Planning a Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony
By Rebecca Johnson
There are many things to consider when planning a Las Vegas wedding, especially if you are planning it from a different spot in the country or world. It is important to find a chapel or wedding site that is going to meet all of you needs as well as your budget.
Here are some of the things to consider when choosing your Las Vegas wedding site:
1. The Location – What are you looking for in a wedding location? Are you hoping for something traditional or would you like something out of the ordinary? Would you prefer an indoor location or do you have your heart set on an outdoor garden location?
Would you prefer one of the many destination weddings such as Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, and Mount Charleston, that Las Vegas has to offer? Deciding your location is the most important aspect of your wedding planning as it will set the whole tone for your wedding.
2. The Officiant – Would you be okay with a civil ceremony or would you prefer a religious ceremony? Many Las Vegas locations including most of the wedding chapels provide you with an officiant that provides a civil wedding ceremony but many locations can arrange for a rabbi, minister etc. if you prefer a religious ceremony. Of course in Las Vegas you also have the option of being married by the King himself, Elvis!
3. Flowers – Fresh or Silk? Single stem presentation or cascade bouquet? Roses, lilies or something tropical? Las Vegas wedding locations that offer all inclusive packages usually offer some sort of flowers with the package. If you have your heart set on something they don’t offer, you could always arrange for your own. Many locations offer you at least a few options when it comes to choosing your flowers. Some wedding chapels, including The Little Chapel of the Flowers, offer their own onsite flower shop where you can pick everything from the type of flowers that you would like to which ribbons you prefer with your flowers. They can even special order flowers if you have a special request.
4. Music – Most Las Vegas wedding locations offer pre recorded music for your wedding ceremony as part of their packages. Would you prefer live music for your ceremony? A few locations do offer live musicians as part of their packages and many others are willing to arrange it for you at an additional cost. So if you prefer a soloist or perhaps a cellist to the sounds of Kenny G coming from a sound system, you are in luck!
5. Photographs – Many consider this to be one of the most important aspects of the wedding planning since your wedding photographs are what you are going to look at for the years to come when you want to remember your wedding day. Do you want a large photography package? Are you interested in a lot of photographs of the ceremony, posed photos afterwards, or both? Would you like prints or would you prefer to purchase you pictures on a CD or disk so you can reprint them later? Some locations offer photography packages that include the photographer going with you where ever you want for the day. So if you dreamed of having wedding pictures taken in front of the Bellagio’s fountains, the Mirage’s volcano, or at the famous Welcome to Las Vegas sign, you are in luck!
6. Videography – Would you like a video of your ceremony? Some locations offer the ceremony on VHS, others offer it on DVD, some offer you a choice of the two. Many wedding chapels also offer web cam broadcasting of the ceremony. Your wedding can be broadcast live on the internet for friends and family to view.
7. Transportation – Do you need transportation? Most Las Vegas wedding chapels offer limousine transportation with their wedding packages. Although it is included with the package, a gratuity to the limo driver is customary. Some locations offer other transportation options are also offered. Some of the chapels with drive thru ceremonies offer sports cars, bicycles, and even a monster truck for their drive thru ceremony packages. If you are not getting married in a chapel and need to find your own transportation, there are many businesses in Las Vegas that offer limousines, luxury and sports car rentals.
8. Wedding Attire – Do you plan to buy or rent you wedding attire? If you are in need of something to wear for your wedding there are many locations around the Las Vegas area, including some of the wedding chapels, that have gowns, tuxedos, and themed costumes available to rent or purchase. Some of these businesses will even deliver right to your hotel room for you.
These are the major decisions that you will face when planning your Las Vegas wedding. Once you make these decisions, you can move on to the small ones like whether or not to splurge on that dove release!
About the Author: Rebecca Johnson is owner of Las Vegas Wedding Informer, a Las Vegas wedding planning website. Visit it to find Las Vegas wedding ceremony locations and for help finding other Las Vegas wedding services.